Lower Body Moves Monday
Join in with KidsFit every Monday to start your week with a lower body lead by Daira!
Lower body moves will target the muscles in our legs and bottoms. Strong legs can help us run faster and jump higher!
1. JUST LEGS TABATA
- Leap into Daira's lower body tabata workout! Follow along as she guides your kids through four basic muscle-building exercises including, good mornings, squats, lunges and shoulder bridges.
2. FLEX, EXTEND & STABILIZE
- Join Daira as she guides your kids through a flex, extend and stabilize workout! Do three rounds of single leg lunges, single leg RDLs and wall sits to keep your leg muscles nice and strong.
3. STEP TO THIS
- Lean into Daira's kid-friendly Step to This workout to move your lower body! All you need is some stairs to challenge yourself and complete calf raises, butt kickers, side step squats and more.
4. CELEBRATE SQUATS
- Stop, drop and squat! Today is National Squat Day, so Daira's got a fun, Celebrate Squats workout ready for you and your kids! Move through five different squat variations to build lower body muscles.
5. PYRAMID POWER
- Slow and steady wins Daira's pyramid lower body power workout! Start with two basic movements –– squats and alternating supermans –– to focus your attention on quality repetitions that build skill.
6. LUNGE AROUND THE WORLD
- Take your family on an exercise journey with Daira's kid-friendly lunge around the world workout! Challenge your lower body with forward, reverse, curtsy and lateral lunges to improve footwork, balance, strength and flexibility.
7. SLIP & SLIDE LOWER BODY
- Start getting ready for a fun-filled summer with Daira's kid-friendly slip and slide lower body workout! These simple at-home movements can be done inside with no water necessary. All you need is a few things from around the house!
8. ABC'S OF THE LOWER BODY
- Learn more than just how to build strength with Daira's lower body ABC's workout! Your kids will discover new exercise vocabulary and movements to better understand and improve agility, mobility, power and more!
9. LOWER BODY JOINTS
- Joints help you move your body every day! Learn how to care for your ankles, knees and hips with Daira's kid-friendly lower body joints movements and Tabata workout.