Sport Specific Saturday
While these activities may be sport specific, anyone can get in on the action! These are skills and abilities that can benefit everyone and are a fun way to get up and active while you’re stuck at home.
Sports Specific Saturdays are going to be all about practicing skills and movements that relate to sports like speed, agility, and explosiveness. Jake won't forget to add in movements that combine strength, speed, and coordination.
1. SPEED & AGILITY LADDER
- There's no sitting on the sidelines with Jake's sporty Saturday workout. Using just a DIY speed ladder, he'll walk through some great sports building exercises that test speed and agility.
2. POWER JUMP
- This kid-friendly power jump workout focuses on building mechanics, increasing intensity and finishing strong with a vertical jump. Challenge yourself today!
3. DOMINATE THE DETAILS
- Switch it up and help your kids flex their focus and attention with Jake's dominate the details workout! Grab a tennis ball and tone down the intensity to improve hand-eye coordination.
4. HIP MOBILITY MADNESS
- Produce more speed and power with Jake's kid-friendly hip mobility madness workout to improve muscle strength and flexibility! Finish with a blast of cardio to get that heart rate up.
- Challenge your balance abilities with your kids using Jake's balance workout! Start slow with static exercises that you can do while standing in place. Then, build momentum with dynamic balance movements!
- Pick up the pace with Jake's kid-friendly acceleration workout! Get moving with these sprint exercises, including wall sprints and short 10-yard bursts starting from on-the-ground positions.
- Improving your kid's endurance can help them in any sport they play! See how Jake makes running fun during this interval training workout that includes side shuffles, mountain climbers and jogging in place.
8. FOOTBALL FUN
- Show off your football skills and join Jake for this football fun workout. Inspired by the combine, this workout will have your kids testing their strength, power, speed and agility with push-ups, broad jumps, sprints and more!
9. SOCCER SKILLS
- Strength, speed and power are the focus of today's soccer skills workout! Join Jake to double down on footwork and move through figure 8 toe taps, pendulum dribbles and even a speed dribble challenge!
10. UPPER BODY JOINTS
- Your joints are a special part of your body, so treat them with care! Join Jake for this kid-friendly upper body joints workout, and learn to prevent injuries with mobility and strength building movements.