20-Day Core Challenge
Your core is like the trunk of a tree. The sturdier the trunk, the stronger the tree. The more we strengthen the core, the stronger we will become. Improving our posture, balance, and strength will reduce our chances of injury. Have fun completing our 20-Day Core Challenge!
Here’s how you do it:
- Print The Challenge
- Learn how to do the exercises in the challenge.
- Strengthens your low back, abdominals and glutes with extension
- Helps prevent back pain and improve posture.
- Tip: Pretend you have a tennis ball tucked under your chin to keep your neck in good alignment.
- Plank Shoulder Taps
- Strengthens the core through holding a stabilized position
- Helps improve posture
- Tips: Don’t forget to squeeze your bottom when holding your plank position.
- Seated Twist
- Strengthens the oblique’s, abdominals and low back with flexion and rotation
- Helps improve mobility through the trunk by making daily task easier.
- Tips: Remember to breathe when performing the movement.
- Pick 20 days to complete in April and check off each day as you do the challenge.
- Return to your Hy-Vee Customer Service for a PRIZE!
How to make the Challenge Easier
- Take a rest between movement
- Break up your movements into sets
- For example: if you have 50 shoulder taps, do 25 repetitions and then rest for a minute, and then do the other 25 repetitions.
- Do half of the reps in the morning and half at night
How to make the Challenge More Difficult
- Perform the repetitions in one set
- Reduce your rest time between movements
- Add resistance to seated twist or plank shoulder taps
- For example: Old onto a small weight in your hands to add resistance.