Take control of your choices with this simple health message. www.iowahealthieststate.com/resources/individuals/5210/
Stick to basics and build lifelong foundation of healthy habits. This simple message is not just us kids but the whole family.
5 - (or more) Fruits and Veggies
- Lower rates of chronic disease.
- Help prevents weight gain – especially when eaten in replacement of common snacks.
2 hours (or less) Screen Time
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) shows children are spending an average of 7 hours a day on Screen Time.
- Limiting screen time will promote more social and emotional relationships with family and friends, this is a very important component of health.
1 Hour (or more) of Activity
- Essential for weight maintenance and prevention of chronic diseases.
- Improves mood, boost energy, and helps you sleep better.
0 Sugary Drinks
- Increase consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages is associated with cavaties and excessive weight gain.
- Sugary drinks are high in sugar and calories but have few nutrients, if any.
Build you Basic Habits with these tools!