MINDFULNESS MATTERS: Affirmations
An affirmation is a short positive phrase that is said aloud to help overcome negative thoughts.
Science has shown that saying positive affirmations about yourself releases chemicals in your brain that make you happier. Saying an affirmation multiple times a day can help you feel more confident and proud.
Check out some examples!
- Today is going to be a great day
- I am kind
- I can do anything I put my mind to
- I belong
- Positive thoughts create positive feelings
- My words have power
- I can overcome past hardships
- May you be happy. May you be healthy. May you feel loved. May you be safe.
- Partnership with Challenge to Change
Are you ready to give affirmations a try?
Here’s How You Do It!
- Pick an affirmation from the list provided
- Every time you look in the mirror say the affirmation to yourself
- Challenge yourself to say the affirmation aloud at least 5 times today
- Tomorrow pick a different affirmation from the list to say
Using these positive phrases will help support self-care and overall mindfulness. You will find that the more you say the affirmation the more you will believe it about yourself.