Don't Rush When You Brush
Did YOU brush your teeth this morning? Dental hygiene is important for everyone. We’ve partnered with Delta Dental of Iowa to give you some great tips for keeping your mouth healthy and happy.
5 Tips For Good Dental Health
- A good toothbrush is a must. If you use a manual toothbrush, make sure to get one with soft bristles. Electric toothbrushes are a great option too. They have rotating bristles that clean deeper and can help you brush more frequently. They also have a built-in timer to help you brush for the recommended full 2 minutes.
- When brushing, move in a circular motion instead of back and forth. This will help clean the whole tooth while keeping your gums happy.
- Apps can make brushing and flossing easier and more fun! Try these music- and game-based apps to build the habit: brushDJ, Chomper Chums, & Toothsavers.
- If you have braces, taking care of your chompers is even more important! If you can, try to brush after eating. This will help reduce plaque and food build up throughout the day and make brushing easier at night.
- Cut back on sugary drinks and food. Lots of sugar can lead to tooth decay and gum disease. Try to drink more water to keep your mouth happy and body hydrated!
For more fun facts and games you can play, check out the Grin For Kids booklet from Delta Dental. Let’s smile healthy this summer!