Fruit & Nut Protein Bars
All you need:
- 1 (8 ounce) box chopped pitted dates
- ½ c. Hy-Vee vanilla whey protein powder
- ¼ c. Hy-Vee cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 c. walnuts or cashews
- ½ c. unsalted sunflower seeds
All you do:
- In a food processor, combine dates, protein powder, cocoa powder and water.
- Cover and process until combined.
- Add walnuts and sunflower seeds; pulse once or twice until combined.
- Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Press mixture evenly and firmly into pan.
- Cut into 8 (2-by-4-inch) bars.
- For convenience and portability, wrap bars individually with plastic wrap.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week
Nutrition Facts per serving: Calories: 240; Carbohydrate: 29g; Dietary Fiber: 5g; Fat: 13g; Protein: 8g ; Saturated Fat: 1.5g; Sodium: 10mg; Trans Fats: 0g
Click here to print the recipe card.