MINDFULNESS MATTERS: Journaling
Journaling is a written record of one's thoughts and feelings and is a great way to promote self-care. When you journal you will be able to transform your dreams into something real. Some benefits of journaling include:
- Helps you keep track of your goals, when you write down your goals you are more likely to achieve them
- Improvement of your writing skills, the more you write the better you get at it
- Increase of creativeness, you can write whatever your mind desires
- Helps you to create a personal auto-biography of yourself. You can look back at your journal for years to come and see how you have changed
- Serves as a relaxation technique that can help get rid of negative self-talk and emotions
Now that you have learned about the many benefits of journaling it is your turn to journal.
Here’s How You Do It!
- Pick a journal prompt from below
- Grab a pencil and piece of paper
- Set a timer for at least 10 minutes
- Write for however long you would like
- Bonus: Pick another prompt and keep writing!
- How would you like to spend the perfect day?
- How can I be kind today?
- Use your imagination to write a story about traveling the world in a hot air balloon
- Where is your special place where you feel safe?
- What are three negative thoughts or feelings that you would lie to get rid of?
- Write about a time you said or did something that made others happy
- What do you imagine your life will look like as an adult?
- Write a letter to someone you care about