Loaded Sweet Potato Toasts
Check it out: You can make sweet potatoes in the toaster!
TIP: To get the most nutrients from your sweet potato toasts, add a little fat, such as peanut butter or almond butter. This will help your body better absorb all the beta-carotene found in sweet potatoes.
FUN FACT: In addition to beta-carotene and vitamin C, sweet potatoes are a good source of vitamin B-6, which helps keep your brain and nervous system healthy.
ALL YOU NEED:
- 1 small sweet potato, scrubbed
- desired toppings
ALL YOU DO:
- Cut sweet potato lengthwise into 1/4-in. slices with a sharp knife or mandoline slicer. (ask an adult for help)
- Toast sweet potato slices in a traditional toaster on high setting until light brown.
- Top with desired toppings.
- BANANA-GRANOLA: almond butter + banana slices + granol
- ZESTY AVOCADO: salsa + avocado slices + pepper + cilantro
- BACON AND CHEESE: turkey bacon slice + reduced-fat shredded cheese
- MIXED BERRY: almond butter + blueberries + strawberry slices + pistachios
- APPLELICIOUS: almond butter + apple slices + cinnamon
- PIZZA STYLE: tomato slices + extra thin provolone cheese slices + salt and pepper
Click here to print the recipe card.