Science has shown that mindfulness meditation can positively change the way our brain works by improving our mental and physical well-being. Meditation can make our relationships stronger, decrease our stress, and to promote calmness in our lives. Mindfulness in meditation helps us focus on living in the moment, showing kindness to ourselves, and helps us control our thoughts and feelings. Overall meditation helps us be in the present to enjoy the world around us!
Meditation can sometimes be difficult but you can use these simple steps to help you become comfortable with meditating.
- Find a place that makes you feel relaxed and calm. You can sit or lay down in this place
- Start by taking a few deep breaths to relax your body before you begin your meditation. You'll want to breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth.
- After you are done taking in a few breaths to relax your body you can gently close your eyes. It is always important to breathe normally and not to worry how deep your breathing is.
There are many different types of mindfulness meditation techniques that you will get to experience with us! Each meditation will provide you with a sense of calmness by teaching you 8 different techniques to promote a healthier mind.
These techniques are:
- Body Scan Technique- Focusing our minds on how our bodies feel
- Visualization Technique- Focusing on a place or person that calms us
- Focused Attention Technique- Focusing our minds on our breathing
- Noting Technique- Focusing on recognizing our thoughts and pushing them away
- Loving Kindness Technique- Focusing on showing kindness to others
- Skillful Compassion Technique- Focusing on showing love and empathy
- Resting Awareness Technique- Focusing on letting your mind and body rest
- Reflection Technique- Focusing on our thoughts and reflecting on them
Stay tuned for more meditations coming soon!