Picky Eater Challenge
Are you scared to try new foods? Do you shy away from eating a food of a certain color? Well, if this sounds like you, then we have a fun challenge to TRY NEW FOODS!
Try five different foods on the handout and return to your Hy-Vee dietitian for a prize! Even if you just try one bite, that is a start, keep trying and you just might like it!
Here are three tips when trying new foods.
- Dip It Good! Try a new vegetables with your favorite dip!
- Ranch dressing
- Split It! When trying a new grain such as whole wheat pasta, incorporate half a serving with a familiar pasta.
- Have Fun! Sometimes if we cut a vegetable or fruit in a new way, it brings out the fun in trying a new food!
- Cucumber sticks to dip
- Pepper rings to twirl on your finger
- Whole peeled carrots, just like a bunny!
- Make fun shapes in foods using cookie cutters!