Sleep for Strength
Getting enough sleep is important for your body. Getting good sleep helps your body recover, lets your brain store information, and it keeps you from getting sick! Pretty important right?!?
The average kid gets 9 hours of sleep per night but doctors recommend that kids need 10-11 hours per night. Some kids need more than others.
Here are some tips to help you catch more ZZZ’s:
- Follow a bedtime routine that is calming
- Try taking a bath or reading
- Go to bed at the same time every night
- Limit foods and drinks that contain caffeine
- These include chocolate, sodas and other drinks like ice tea
- Don’t have a TV in your room, watch less TV before bedtime.
- Don’t watch scary TV shows or movies close to bedtime
- Use your bed for just sleeping.
These tips will help train your body to associate your bed with sleep.