School is right around the corner and that means it’s time to get into new routines and habits to be successful in the classroom!
Here are 6 tips to help you study and get your work done this school year:
- Find a productive/organized workspace that works for you
- Finding a space that works for you makes focusing on the studying you need to do much easier. Designating an area as your workspace helps you get in the right mindset to work and be productive. Keeping this space organized will help you stay organized and focused on your work as well, learn more here!
- Make a checklist
- Checklists are a great way to stay focused and productive on your school work and help make sure you get everything you need to done. Write down a list of things you need to do and check them off as you go. This will help you make sure you don’t forget certain things, as well as give you a great confidence boost every time you cross an item off of your list!
- Take good notes
- Good studying starts in the classroom. The more work you do ahead of time by paying attention in class and writing down good notes, the easier your studying and homework will be.
- Practice good handwriting skills and keep your notes organized by subject. That way they are easy to come back to and ready when you need them.
- Take breaks and get active
- No one can pay attention forever, especially when you’re studying or doing homework. Try working for 20-30 minutes at a time with no distractions, and then take a 5 to 10-minute break. This will refresh your mind and help you refocus when you come back.
- Get active on your break! Physical activity is a great way to boost your mind. Something as simple as a short walk or doing a few squats can help boost your blood flow and send more oxygen to your brain. Try using one of our KidsFit Movement Breaks on your next study break!
- Plan ahead and stay organized
- Don’t wait until the last minute! Cramming to get homework done or studying for a test the night doesn’t work. Plan ahead and break your studying down into smaller segments. Do a piece or two each night, that way it’s manageable and not overwhelming, and you can still get everything done on time.
- Get enough sleep every night
- It takes a clear and focused mind to be a successful studier. One of the best ways to keep your brain and body healthy is to get enough sleep. Try to sleep 8-9 hours every night and practice good sleeping habits. This will keep your mind sharp and have you ready to tackle all of the tasks in front of you!