Tabata training is a type of high-intensity interval training that follow a specific format:
- 20 seconds of exercise/10 seconds of rest
- Repeat 4 cycles for a total time of 2 minutes
- This is considered 1 SET.
Here are some tips before engaging in your first Tabata training session.
- Make sure you are warmed up before the activity.
- If you’re new to this type of training, start with 4-6 cycles of each exercise. As you get stronger you can add additional cycles.
- If you are having a hard time recovering from an exercise, increase your resting time.
- If you do more than one Tabata set, rest 1 minute between each set.
- Monitor your intensity.
Have fun doing this workout with family or friends! Modify as needed while you are watching along with the video.
Remember, every person is at a different level of fitness.