Yoga is a great life skill to learn.
Here are a few reason why yoga is great for kids:
1. Encourages Healthy Habits.
- Yoga helps us ‘SLOW’ down and be mindful of how we feel. This can help us make better daily decisions with how we respond to conflict, focus at home or school and mindfulness about the food, fueling our body.
2. Self-Awareness & Self-Acceptance
- Learning about your body and what they are capable of and how your mindset can affect not only your attitude but the attitudes of others. By learning you have a choice of how to respond to situations and you can develop into more confident, kind and responsible adults.
- Learning to accept yourself as you are and loving yourself. Learning this lesson young could help fight the feelings of self-doubt that can come during the teen years and beyond.
- Teaching us to be present and focusing on breathing can help them throughout the day, in any situation.
This yoga sequence shown is an example of a simple flow that you can use to start each day. Seek out a local gym or studio to learn more about the great benefits of yoga for the whole family.
- COMPLETE 4 ROUNDS
- Alternate which leg your step forward on
- 2 rounds on the left leg, 2 rounds on the right leg.
Follow along with the video, keep it slow and steady until you are more confident in your breathing.
Good luck! Make sure to follow along with us on Facebook & Instagram. Tag us if you video your challenge. We would love to repost your accomplishments!