Spiritual wellness can look different to everyone but the common theme is living in a way that fuels your passion or interests and always making the choice you feel is right! Every family or even individual may have different beliefs that mean a lot to them. Focusing on the things that make you feel good can help you practice spiritual wellness. For many people, spending time in nature is a great way to recharge and remember the things that make them happy!
Here’s How You Do It:
- Print or download the Nature Walk worksheet.
- Find a safe place to walk with a grown-up.
- Focus on paying attention to the nature around you and how it interacts with your senses.
- Fill in the worksheet as you walk. You can write, draw or even tape objects you find to your worksheet!
- Encourage your kids to practice spiritual wellness by giving them time to participate in the things they are passionate about!
- If they love animals, bring them to an animal shelter. If crafts are their thing, set up a crafting table. If they love sports, play with them.
- Explain what passion means to your kids by taking time to practice spiritual wellness yourself.
- In order to work on the difference between right and wrong, try asking your kids if they think they made the right choice before correcting them. They might surprise you in their reasoning or it could be a learning experience, either way it's a win!